Designed by Procurement Experts.
Comprehensive and Relevant Information.
Proven Effective Advice
Download your Master Class and your Free Introductory Guide to the UK Public Sector and Increase your Public Sector Sales SuccessHere
All The Detail –
Introducing The UK Public Sector Sales Master Class
The opportunity to sell to the UK public sector is now huge. The UK Government has vastly increased the share of the £122bn worth of contracts directed toward small and medium sized companies. This download includes everything you need to know to take advantage of these opportunities.
This David Cox Consulting public-sector sales master class download is designed to provide you with all you need to know, now and post Brexit, to increase sales, secure contracts, improve your competitive advantage, and sell effectively into this £122bn a year UK Public Sector market place.
In an extremely easy to access format we’ve cut through all the procurement noise and the complexity of public sector sales and presented effective solutions in a very easy to understand way.
The Master Class was designed to be delivered an extremely cost effective way enabling you to access all of the knowledge gained over the last 20 years in public sector sales and procurement.
Unlike other courses, The David Cox Consulting Public Sector Sales Master Class delivers over 100 pages of critical information to enable you to increase your public sector sales and margins.
The download content has been distilled from specific insider knowledge developed by actual public ex-sector buyers, and not from assumptions made by generic tendering courses.
What will the Master Class Achieve for Me?
- It will provide access to information that your peers and competitors don’t have.
- Provide you with instant CPD (Continuing Professional Development) portfolo accredition that you can use in performance reviews or CV’s.
- It will give you quick and easy access to insider knowledge and awareness that you can immediately put to use.
- It will increase your sales and immediately surpass your outlay.
- It will deliver the capability to review your own organisation and the opportunities for improving your public sector sales.
- Allow you to understand the Brexit effect on the procurement and tendering process within the UK
- It will provide cost effective access to valid, up to date, public sector structural and legislative information.
- It provide you with knowledge of the structure of the whole of the UK Public Sector, who makes the decisions, how the decisions are made, how to minimise sales effort, and how to maximise your sales.
How Much Time will I need?
We see it as how much time can you gain!
Completing the course will save you considerable research time. The vast majority of the information contained within the course content is not avalabile in any single source anywhere else. From a full description of the structure of the UK Public Sector to insider secrets and approaches from in house experts. None of this is available anywhere else. To take in all of the content and review all of the links will take around 3 hours maximum, but the time saved and the knowledge gained will tangentially save vast amounts of future effort.
Who’s is the Master Class for?
This Master Class is for
- Sales and Marketing experts who wish to update their public sector knowledge.
- Sales function heads wanting to increase their sales success.
- Anyone wishing to gain a greater understanding of the UK public sector and its procurement processes.
- Sales executives transitioning from the commercial sector who are beginning a public sector sales career.
- Bid managers and other support staff involved in selling to the UK government or preparing bids.
- Organisations wanting to access new markets and increase their sales success.
- Executives wanting stay ahead and improve their organisations competitive advantage.
- Experienced sales people who need to increase win rates or want to refresh their knowledge.
- International sales teams wishing to learn how to access UK Public Sector Contracts.
- Organisations or individuals wishing to learn how public sector procurement and contracting works.
- Sales Executives taking over responsibility for selling to government.
- The course provides the knowledge that the multinational companies who win major public sector contracts have known for years and do not want you to know.
What Will I Learn?
- How the sector spends its money
- How the sector structured
- How the sector is organised
- Who decides what is spent
- Who decides how it is spent
- Where the money is coming from
- How you can access opportunities
- The potential impact of Brexit
- How you can beat the competition and increase competitive advantage
The public sector is awash with buying processes and procedures which ultimately dictate the buyer behaviour. This master class explains how the UK public sector works, how the decisions are made and most importantly how to exploit this knowledge to increase sales success.
How Much does it Cost?
Lets talk value. We designed this course at a very competitive price point to provide far more value than any initial cost in time or money. The benefits that the course provides to you will soon outweigh any initial investment. The course will reduce your future effort, and it will increase the time avalable to you for other more productive and prosperious things. A key additional benefit is that the knowledge the course provides will increase your professional standing, help you to increase your sales, and improve your professional worth. These gains far outweigh the low cost.
How is this Master Class Different from Tendering Courses?
Rarely will you find anyone advising the sales and marketing community how the public sector buying process really works, or what happens behind the scenes, or advice on how to make it work for you. Access to what the buyers really think, why they do what they do, and why they make the decisions they make just isn’t generally available unless you have worked in the environment and have gained the insider knowledge.
The world is awash with courses advising the public sector buyers how to spend their money, how to get the training they need, the latest courses to go on, and the certificates to get. But this course delivers essential knowledge to the supply side; the inside track. Public Sector sales is not just about tendering.
Can I get this Information Anywhere Else?
In a word – No
But let me qualify that – not in my own experience, and not without extensive time and effort. and I mean years gaining experience which includes the expense and time of actually working in the sector to learn all of the insider tips and wrinkles.
In the Public-Sector Sales Master Class, the complex research has been completed by someone with the expert knowledge and experience and then provided to you in a very cost-effective package of information, information which I know is not available anywhere else.
How does the Master Class Learning Approach work?
The Master Class Structure
The Public Sector consists of a vast number of disparate complex organisations all seemingly operating in different ways with differing needs and wants. The Public Sector Sales Master Class is designed to follow a structured learning process first explaining this massive potential market and then distilling this information into the key steps you need to increase your public sector sales potential and improve your competitive advantage.
Each subsequent module within the master class builds upon the previous module, firstly the module describes the benefits features and learning outcomes. This approach then prepares you to digest and internalise and understand in context the important information that follows the description of the learning outcomes.
Each Module then provides a set of review questions. The review questions are designed to support the learning outcomes described at the beginning of each module. Being able to answer the review questions in context then provides to you the personal verification of what you have learned and internalised. Finally where relevant each module provides a list of all the web links to enable you to access sales opportunities.
The Contents of the UK Public Sector Sales Master Class
The UK Public Sector Sales Master Class is full of useful content. The following content list describes each individual module and the benefits that completion of the module will give you.
Module 1 – An Introduction to the UK Public Sector
- Overview of the UK Public Sector
- The Size of the UK Public Sector
- Organisational Structure of the UK Public Sector
- Central Government Structure
- Local Government Structure
- Procurement within the UK Public Sector
- Reasons for Becoming a Public Sector Supplier
- As a result of completing this module you will enhance your understanding, be able to visualise and describe the scope and scale of the public sector and the potential market place to others.
- With the knowledge that this module provides you will be able to begin to segment and target your UK Public Sector sales efforts and create a more specific informed sales and marketing strategy,
- The public sector is in a constant state of flux, this module will a save you time and cost spent researching the market its structure and its potential for sales opportunities.
Module 2 – The Public Sector Buying Process
- Background – Procurement Legislation
- The Procurement Process
- Major Procurement Steps
- Framework Contracts Explained
- The Tender Process
- The module will enhance your understanding of the public sector buying process saving time and effort on miss-directed expensive sales campaigns.
- Knowledge of the buying process and how the public sector applies the process will allow you to anticipate the buyers potential next steps.
- The module will enable you to understand and explain the public sector buying process in straight-forward
- By explaining how the procurement process is used and applied within different sectors, and how differing levels of spend use different processes, you will be able to target your products to appropriate potential buyers.
- The module will also help you to understand the potential impact of Brexit on future sales campaigns providing you with insight and competitive advantage.
Module 3 – The Decision to Buy Within the UK Public Sector
- Decision Making – Operational vs Legislative
- Key Reasons for Buying
- Efficiency v Cost
- Who’s Involved in a Buying Decision
- Supporting Organisations Influence
- Early Access to Buying Decisions
- This module will provide you with an understanding of public sector decision making. This understanding will enable you access the decision making process earlier in the procurement process and give you a competitive advantage to influence, prepare for, secure, and then effectively deliver against any eventual procurement tender.
- As a result of completing module 3 you will be able to describe to others what prompts the initial decision making within the UK public sector and the sales advantages that knowledge of the process can bring.
- Module 3 will enable you to identify the early stage activities that will result in future buying decisions with the result that you can anticipate potential sales opportunities giving you an advantage over your competitors.
- Understanding of the importance of the initial decision making process, and how the opportunity arises to influence its timing and content can result in more higher value sales opportunities.
Module 4 – The Public Sector Tendering Process
- Legislation and the Tendering Process
- The EU Threshold
- The Tendering Machine
- Tender Evaluation
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Tendering
- Public Sector Tendering – Changes and Brexit
- Module 4 will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the UK Public Sector tendering process and will enable you to explain to others how and why the process exists and how it works.
- The module will help you gain a personal understanding of potential areas to focus on when tendering and improve your competitive advantage.
- The module explains the importance of creating an in-house tendering process which will help you to create your own Public Sector ‘tendering machine’, and will enable you to explain why it is so important and will give you the best chance of winning tenders.
- An understanding of the ways in which the UK Public controls buying by using a tendering process will enable you to improve your own company’s buying organisation by applying proven and effective processes and controls
- The module will enable you to take an informed view of the impact of the UK’s future exit from the European Union and what impact it will have on the UK Public Sector tendering processes. As Brexit becomes clearer the module also explains how further sales opportunities could be identified across the EU.
Module 5 – Strategic Module – Creating Strategic Sales Advantage
- Maximising Your Knowledge Advantage
- Intelligent Pricing
- Exploiting Contract Award Information
- Exploiting the Contract Phase
- Creating a Holistic Public Sector Sales Strategy
- This module brings together all of the concepts and learning points from the previous 4 modules delivering a concise summary of the steps you need to take to increase your public sector sales.
- This module uses insider knowledge to explain the key activities required to increase your public sector sales. Upon completion of the Module this insider knowledge will be yours.
- Completion of this module will allow you to easily explain how public sector sales can be increased and competitive advantage can be gained within your organisation.
- This module will give you an understanding of how moving to an holistic approach to selling to the public sector is important, why this approach it will work for you, and how this can be explained to others in a coherent way.
- This module will allow you to identify the specific next steps to improving you public sector sales, completing the module will reduce the effort required for developing your own public sector sales solutions.
The course, will also show you the pitfalls and the back doors, the tips, the how to’s and the must and mustn’t dos.
Public Sector Sales Master Class Purchase Options
You can access the davidcoxconsulting.co.uk master class series in a variety of ways:
If you have a particular interest in an individual module each module can be purchased individually, or we would recommend you download the full 4 module course or alternatively the 5-module strategic course which includes all of the previous modules and the additional follow on bonus module: Creating Strategic Sales Advantage.
If you want to increase your tendering and sales success, secure contracts, improve your competitive advantage, learn the insider knowledge, and sell more effectively into this £122bn a year market place in exchange for very little outlay in relation to the benefits, then please follow this link to easily access the course.